Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surviving the Big Chill

Well we did our transfer on Tuesday January 26th at 2:15 pm. As Jenn and I waited in the Pre Op room Dr. Garrisi came to tell us the embryo report. she said...."We thawed the first two and one did not make it, then we thawed the third and final and we are now left with two good looking embryos" Jenn followed Dr. Garrisi into the OR and I went to the waiting room. Miguel had a coffee waiting for me and Nicholas was running around the room like a little monkey.... 10 minutes later they called me to the recovery area where Jenn was resting. We had to rest for 20 minutes and then we could get Jenn to her hotel room for her 24 "bed rest". I cannot describe my overwhelming excitement and hope. Jenn swears she will start to POAS on Friday! I think if she is going to see a positive line on an HPT it will be on Sunday or Monday....I hope I am wrong and it's earlier. Well heres to a long Two week wait! Oh I hope they stick around and grow and develop!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

We thaw the embryos this week!

I just got the call this afternoon and found out that Tuesday.....THIS TUESDAY at 2:00 pm we will be doing the embryo thaw and transfer. What this means is that Jenn ( our gestational carrier) will have two of our embryos put into her uterus and then go on bed rest for 24 hours. we should know if..... by the grace of God that she gets pregnant....we should know by February 2ndish... I cannot believe this is happening this week. I should have gone to church this morning.... instead I cleaned my house like a crazy woman....something I do when I am nervous....I SCRUBBED EVERYTHING! My house looks good enough for Christmas! Well wish us luck. We are beyond excited!

Monday, January 18, 2010

And Away we go……

We Transfer in one week! I am at my computer feverishly shopping and looking for things I can put in a gift basket for Jenn. I am planning to put a few goodies in her hotel room before she gets there. She checks in on the 25th, we’ve invited her for dinner Monday night. The embryo transfer will take place on Tuesday the 26th! Jenn will return to her hotel room after the transfer and she will be on bed rest until Wednesday afternoon. The she will return to CT and wait 10 days before the official blood test. She will more than likely POAS (pee on a stick) before then. I think we should know for sure by the 2nd of February if this was a success. I can’t believe this is really going to happen a week from tomorrow! We hope our little embryos make it through the thaw. Jenn is also going through acupuncture treatments to help increase blood flow and oxygen in the body, which will help implantation.

I cannot stop thinking of the possibilities….

A singleton? Twins? Boys? A girl? A Boy? Anything? Something?

We are drenched in Hope.